We are all creative by nature. So, by recognizing the energetic and physical alignment in our womb and pelvic bowl we can discover and explore our creative potential so that our energies begin to flow not only in our bodies, but throughout our whole lives.
What Is the Pelvic Bowl?
The Pelvic Bowl is an energy filled portal within our body that carries feminine wisdom, personal expression and healing capabilities. This part of the body plays an important role in our overall well being and growth! Unfortunately we have not been taught how to aid in the health of the pelvis because we only label our pain as “pain,” or our pleasure as “pleasure,” without understanding the energies behind them. Learning to interpret our energies and soothe our muscles will heal our pelvic bowl, which in turn will heal us.
What Happens To Your Pelvic Bowl When Stressed?
Society currently teaches us to hide our grief during life’s stressful moments, sometimes leading us into masking our genuine feelings with substances like sugar, caffeine, alcohol or food, rather than turning inward to experience our natural ebb and flow of emotion. Continual stress, if not expressed or released, suppresses into our womb area and/or pelvis, causing discomfort and imbalance. Consciously feeling our emotions is necessary for growth, while ignoring emotion causes stuck energy, leaving us unable to express ourselves.
Emotions are essentially an energetic field of fluidity, allowing us to process our true opinions and growth opportunities. When emotions are free-flowing, chronic pain does not exist and we become more capable of calmly managing stressful situations.
Life will not give you anything you cannot handle.
Stuck emotion can lead to:
- Chronic Pain
- Shortness of breath, causing tightness in the chest
- Over sensitivity: Frustration, Irritation, Sadness, Anger, Defensiveness
Techniques to relieve pelvic bowl tension
There are many techniques to release pelvic tension, which in turn lessens our initial reaction of expressing our emotional response in the midst of the moment rather than observing the situation objectively to logically and thoughtfully respond accordingly.
The Art of Drinking water
Hydrate with fresh water to flush all toxins that could further turn into disease.
- Sit down comfortably, as you would to eat a meal.
- Drink one sip at a time; prevent chugging the whole glass. Imagine the act of watering a plant. If watered too quickly, a large percentage drains through the bottom immediately, leaving unsaturated soil.
- Be sure to drink a cup of water first thing in the morning before any activity or meal, as it will activate your body’s brain and metabolism.
- Prevent drinking large quantities of water during meals. Drink 30 minutes before, and 30 minutes after eating to aid in proper absorption of food and water.
- Graze on warm water throughout the day.
- Ingest only warm or lukewarm water to prevent the ice cold water from interacting with the heat of our digestive tract.
To open the hips, practice a restorative Yin yoga routine of gentle stretches and deep breathing techniques.
- Bring the souls of your feet together while sitting on a yoga mat, creating a diamond shape with your legs in front of your body.
- Take a deep inhale while raising your hands above your head, and slowly exhale while you bend forward at the hips allowing your arms to fall gently towards your feet.
- Take 5 deep breaths, and recognize what the stretch is releasing within you.
This was the beginning of a “SHE flow” from the book Love Your Lady Landscape by Lisa Lister. She offers in depth, relaxing and self-loving practices and insights aiding in the awareness of our energies and emotions that are flowing, or stuck, within our bodies.
Move into each emotion that arises, either using music, or not. Simply move the body in fluid motion.
Organic Sanitary Products
Products (and foods) that are not organic contain a cancer causing chemical named Glyphosate. Glyphosate is a pesticide used in enormous amounts and sprayed onto plants to prevent pests. We can prevent the absorption of Glyphosate into our system by using:
Cleanse your body by ingesting nutritiously dense food, free from pesticides.
Pranayama (Channel Cleaning Breath, or Alternate Nostril Breathing)
Pranayama breathing practices are controlled, slow, and relaxing, while our natural breathing pattern is commonly short, tense and non intentional. Practice deep breathing for tensed muscle relief by introducing more oxygen to the bloodstream. Shallow breathing patterns inhibit the natural flow of energy throughout the body.
- Sit on a comfortable position, eyes closed.
- Create a fist, leaving the thumb and pinky finger opened.
- Cover the right nostril with your thumb, and inhale slowly through the left nostril, filling the belly with fresh air, then close the left nostril with your pinky finger.
- Open the right nostril and slowly exhale.
- Keep the right nostril open, breathe in, close it, and exhale through the left nostril.
- Repeat for 3-5 breaths.
You Got This..
Incorporate Pelvic relaxing exercises throughout each menstrual cycle to ensure optimal healing. By practicing Fertility Awareness or other cycle tracking techniques, we have the ability to become more conscious about our body’s sensitivities, needs and desires.