How Do I Practice the Standard Days Method?
CycleBeads include a black rubber ring designed to slide over one bead per cycle day, and contain 33 beads in the following order:
- 1 black bead
- 1 red bead
- 6 brown beads
- 12 white beads
- 13 brown beads
Place the rubber ring over your red bead when cycle day 1 begins (menstruation). Each bead indicates one cycle day, excluding the beginning black bead with a direction arrow.
The brown beads indicate your infertile window. This means you have an extremely low chance of becoming pregnant during this time.
White beads indicate you are in your fertile window. This is your most fertile time! You may use this window to either try to conceive, abstain or use a barrier method to prevent pregnancy.
How Much Does It Cost?
CycleBeads cost approximately $35.
What Are The Side Effects?
You will not get any side effects by using CycleBeads for the standard days method of birth control.
How Effective Is it?
95% Effective with perfect use, 5% Failure rate
88% Effective with typical use, 12% Failure rate
Do not use this method of birth control if you:
- Have just given birth
- Are breastfeeding
- Are using any hormonal contraceptives or intrauterine devices
- Could support with getting pregnant
- Could support with preventing pregnancy
- Requires minimal daily attention
- Hormone free
- Takes an initial time period to get an accurate estimate of your average cycle length (3-6 months)
- Requires correct and constant use for an effective outcome
- Does not prevent against HIV infection (AIDS) or any other sexually transmitted infections (STI’s)