How Do I Use It?
Do you notice vaginal sensations in your underwear during your non-menstruating time? This is Cervical Mucus (CM), which will help indicate ovulation within your fertile window.
The Billings Ovulation or Cervical Mucus Method of Birth Control is based on daily observations of your cervical mucus at the vulva to determine if you may or may not be fertile.
To practice the ovulation method of birth control, all you need is your natural daily attention and a downloadable chart to record your observations.
It is highly recommended to:
- Find an educator to put this method's 4 rules to practice
- Take a moment at the end of each day to record your most fertile CM of the day on a chart
- Record your CM every day for 3 months straight to gain an understanding of your Basic Infertile Pattern (BIP)
How Much Does It Cost?
What Are The Side Effects?
You will not have any side effects from using the Billings Ovulation / Cervical Mucus method.
How Effective Is it?
97% Effective with perfect use, 3% Failure rate
89.5% Effective with typical use, 10.5% Failure rate
By perfectly following this method’s 4 rules, you have a high chance of preventing and achieving pregnancy.
- Could support with getting pregnant
- Could support with preventing pregnancy
- Requires minimal daily attention
- Hormone free
- Promotes healthy body awareness, gaining self-confidence and self-responsibility
- Takes an initial time period to learn the method, as well as put it to practice (3 Months)
- Requires discipline and motivation to to chart regularly
- Requires correct and constant use for an effective outcome
- Does not prevent against HIV infection (AIDS) or any other sexually transmitted infections (STI’s)